How to fill DS -261?

Hi everyone.NVC gave me a case number in last
week and now NVC is asking me to fill the
DS-261(choice of address and agent ) form.Does
it mean my case is started processing? to fill the
form in ceac.state.gov it's asking " invoice
number" but i don't have any invoice number.will
i receive any invoice number?so how long it will
take nvc to schedule my interview? please give
me suggestions...

You should receive a letter with the invoice numbers. If you do not receive them soon, you can call the information line to request it.

when will i receive invoice number?is it after filling ds-260 or before filling ds-260?

The choice of agent forms is not a fee-based form.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

yeah i know.but dats not my question

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Your questions are 'packed into one paragraph' and difficult to parse out. Let me help: 1. Does it mean my case is started processing? A: Yes 2. to fill the form in ceac.state.gov it's asking " invoice number" but i don't have any invoice number.will i receive any invoice number? A: Re-read the instructions more closely. Usually you put the case number, not a fee bill number on the choice of agent form. 3. so how long it will take nvc to schedule my interview? please give me suggestions... A. They will schedule the interview about 1-2 months after all the fees are paid, the documents/forms are submitted. You don't appear to be at that stage of the process yet.

Thank you sir you cleared me.I have another question 1.How to get Ds-261 form? 2.will nvc sends that Ds-261 form? 3.if i have to fill Ds-261 from ceac.state.gov it's asking "invoice ID number" but i don't have that number? 4.will nvc sends "invoice ID Number"? Heart fully thanx for your patience

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

No offense. But, you are clearly confused about the process and you would really, really, benefit from paying an attorney for a consultation. Has the NVC contacted you at all, or are you guessing as to what's going on? The reason I ask is that, once the NVC contacts you ... their instructions are pretty good ... if you read them slowly and at-least 2 times.

I agree with my colleagues.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

Recommended articles about Immigration