Skip to main content

How to file I-912 fee waiver?

Alhambra, CA |

I am filing 1-130, I-485, I-864 . For my 1-130 and I-485 my husband will be paying it but for my 2 minor kids who are living outside USA..i am filing them I-130 per each together with I-912 fee waiver. I am filing I-912 fee waiver because of financial harship. My husband's pass the poverty quidelines which is above 125% but he just submit the I-864 to be sure that the form will not be coming back and forth again to ask for additional information. My question is: 1. where will i mail the I-912 together with the 1-130 for my kids? will it be together with my application of my concurrent filing?

Attorney Answers 2

  1. if you read the instructions for form I-912 you will see that the form may not be used in conjunction with an application or petition that requires a person financially qualify - have a sponsor with an income of 125% over the poverty line.

    The instructions also provide you with the mailing address.

  2. your best be will be to wait to start on the kids after you getyour green card. however you send the 912 with the I130 only.

    The advice that I give in each answer or legal is not intended to take the place of an in person consultation. A complete answer takes an in depth interview. After all, it is a life that is at stake. If you are in another city that I do not service ask me and I might be able to recommend you an attorney there. In general, in Houston, I recommend Adan Vega or Bruce Coane, Specialists. In Dallas I recommend Richard Fernandez or Yong Wood highly skilled and experienced.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics