How to file for fingerprints after my Merits Hearing Court?

New York, NY |
Filed under: Immigration court

I had just been granted asylum today in New York but I didnt get my fingerprints taken yet. My lawyer asked me to pay a supplemental fee for the fingerprints knowing that now my asylum has been granted I have no choice. The judge left me till august to bring it because New York offices got problems to deliver fingerprints appointments and he was suggering sending it to Nebraska immigration office. I know it's free to file for it and I want to do it myself. Can you help me with how to file it?

Not really sure why you need fingerprints taken if you already out of the immigration court. Maybe there is something else going on. But if you are not out of the court as it seems to be the case, you have to go to USCIS (make an infopass) and speak with a receptionist there and submit an application for a fingerprint appointment...

New York Immigration lawyer. This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes.

First of all, you are profoundly confused about things. Important things. For instance, the judge did not grant your asylum. The IJ might have indicated he or she would or intend to but he or she could not grant your asylum with the staled prints. Second, your post makes an impression that your attorney sort of pressures you to schedule biometrics. Third, the attorney seems to be confused to suggest that you need to pay biometric fees. Also, doing it yourself makes little sense since to do that you need to know how and you seem to have no clue on the matter. With that said, you can certainly do your research and figure that out how to make biometrics scheduled.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Recommended articles about Immigration