Skip to main content

How to file a will in washington state (clark county)

Vancouver, WA |

What form and what court do I need to file in?

I think I found my information at

Attorney Answers 2


Filing a will is an easy process. Go to the Clark County Superior Court Clerk (located at 1200 Franklin Street, Vancouver, WA 98660), and bring the original Last Will and Testament with you (keep a copy for your records). If all you are doing is filing the Will, and not opening a probate--there is a $20 fee to file the Will.

If you are going to initiate a probate action, then you should speak with a knowledgeable probate attorney to assist you in preparing the necessary pleadings to have a personal representative appointed. If you are not sure whether you need to initiate probate, I would recommend speaking with a probate attorney who can help you analyze your specific situation.

The above response is commentary regarding a general legal question. It is not intended to be legal advice specific to the reader's individual situation nor does it create an attorney-client relationship between the author and any reader. You are encouraged to contact a qualified and knowledgeable attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

2 lawyers agree


I agree with Mr. Smith. Also, if you are filing a probate, you will need to follow a couple extra steps and the filing fee will be higher. is a good self-help website. However, for an estate of any real value, it is usually in your best interest to hire an attorney to probate an estate.

This posting is for informational purposes only. It is not legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship. For more information, please visit

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Wills and estates topics

Recommended articles about Wills and estates

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics