Skip to main content

How to file a motion to quash?

Seattle, WA |

I filed a contempt of court on a parenting plan, the commissioner set a review day. The opposing counsel provided a copy of subpoena to my cell phone company to release and provide records. I have contacted my cellphone company and they stated they received the Subpoena 9 days later, and the subpoena was for the cellphone company to be present exactly a week later. According to CR 45 (c) that needed 14 days. So How do I go about asking the judge to quash and not allowing that to happen?

Attorney Answers 1


If you feel opposing counsel has not met statutory requirements regarding the evidence he/she is planning to present, you can file a motion in limine to exclude the evidence. However, it would be best to confer with counsel of your own to determine whether or not opposing counsel complied with CR 45 and other applicable court rules.

Mark as helpful

Family law topics

Recommended articles about Family law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics