Skip to main content

How to file a motion to dismiss a permanent domestic violence restraining order online in california?

Santa Ana, CA |

My ex filed for a got a permanent dvro against me about 8 months ago. I was not aware of this and for the last 6 months I have lived in his home with him until I just recently found this out. Now when I have asked him to have it removed he all of the sudden tried to have me served with it and I avoided service because I want to go into court and have it dropped. It's obvious this man is not afraid of me because we lived peacefully for the last 1/2 a year in the same house, where he had plenty of time to have had me served might I add but never did. Now that I am angry about this he doesn't want to deal with me and wants to have me served as a means of control. The courthouse said I need to fill out a civ-110 is this accurate and how do I fill it out? I don't know what boxs to check off.

I also do not have any money left for a lawyer. My ex got a default judgement in our divorce by stealing my mail and I have already spent all my available resources on lawyers who were of no help defending me.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Hire a lawyer. You are in over your head.

  2. Contact your local legal aid office to see if they can help you with a free or low-cost attorney. As counsel stated, you've got a complex case.

    Disclaimer: This email message in no way creates an attorney client relationship between Majeski Law, LLC and the recipient. Responses are general in nature and do not constitute legal advice. You should consult a lawyer regarding any specific legal matter.

  3. If this is truly after the entry of the P.O., it is more complicated to have it dissolved. I seriously recommend, as have my colleagues, that you seek counsel.

    The information provided herein does not create an attorney-client relationship. The information provided is to suggerst some general principles and should not be relied upon for client decisions. Only upon the hiring of counsel can such advice be custom-tailored to the client's specific situation and needs.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics