Skip to main content

How to file a grievance with the court.

Fort Worth, TX |

I had notified my ex wife that I was going to be late picking my daughter up this week and when I got there she left me a note saying because I was late I could not get my daughter. Since I gave her notification, at least a week notice, of being late can she keep me from seeing my daughter?. I want to file contempt charges. How do I go about doing this?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Hire a local family lawyer to assist you.

This answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. Consult my office for a confidential consultation. Leslie Barrows, The Barrows Firm, P.C. looks forward to protecting your rights!


Unless your Decree says that if you give her advance notice you can change the time of exchange, she has not violated the Decree. You do not have a basis for contempt. It is only contempt if you show up at the place, date and times designated in the Decree and she does not release the child to you. A lot of people want to shoot the messenger when they hear this. I am not saying she was polite or kind or mature. I am saying that it is not contempt. She has established a bad precedent. I'm sure she will want some consideration from her at some point, and you are welcome to return the favor OR take the high road.

This does not establish an attorney/client relationship

Dorothea Elaine Laster

Dorothea Elaine Laster


"from you"


Hire an attorney. If she did not agree to the time change, there was probably not a denial. But get a lawyer to read your order and talk through it.

This answer DOES NOT establish an attorney-client relationship. This answer is based on the limited information provided and is not intended to be conclusive advice. There are likely other factors that might influence or change the advice after a more lengthy consultation.


Do not hire an attorney. Instead be at the right place at the right time. This isn't rocket science.

Please designate a best answer to your question, and mark as helpful any answer you find helpful. Help support the time spent by attorneys in this forum. Thank you. This is not legal advice and is provided for informational purposes only. NO attorney-client relationship or privilege is created, and none of this is confidential.

Family law topics

Recommended articles about Family law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer