How to figure out how much workers comp pay I might get?

Camden, NJ |

I had been out of work for about a month, and picked up a temporary job working in Philadelphia, but I live in NJ. On my second day, I fell about 20 feet to the concrete pier below where I was working, wound up with a broken wrist, some cuts on my head, and a bruised lung. I still do not remember falling, and was told nobody actually saw me fall, but one of the guts found me unconscious on the ground ( they all knew where I had been working ). Anyhoo, I'm trying to figure out about what I'll be making for budgeting purposes, is there a math formula that would give me an idea?

1. Please note our new e-mail. LMSlaw3.com is now LMLawNJ.com. Please update your contact to reflect our new e-mail.

856.424.1808 email - keith@lmlawnj.com or visit us on the web at www.lmlawnj.com ***Please note that these answers are provided as a community service and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship***

2. It depends on which state has jurisdiction of your workers compensation case. I'm beginning to sound like a broken record on these posts, but go see an attorney, most have free consultations. I would find someone who has licenses in NJ and PA. I'm guessing that your case would be in PA, but there may be facts that could put it in NJ.

Andrew P. Szymanski, Esq.
    500 N. Wood Ave. Ste 4A
    Linden, NJ 07036
    908-925-6500

The information provided in this answer is general in nature and may not apply to the factual circumstances described in your question. For a definitive answer you should seek legal advice from an attorney who (1) is licensed to practice in the state which has jurisdiction; (2) has experience in the area of law you are asking about, and (3) has been retained as your attorney for representation or consultation. Your question and the attorney’s answer may be used for promotional or educational purposes. This content does not create an attorney-client relationship.

3. You need to talk to a PA workers compensation attorney. In Colorado its 2/3 of your average weekly wage but an attorney there can help you and there sould be no charge for the initial consultation

4. You definitely have a WC claim where you hit the ground (PA), and may have a claim in NJ if you were hired there. A NJ WC Attorney might make your life easier, but the Claim might have to be filed in PA based upon jurisdiction.

We offer general concepts, but you should give ALL your facts to a licensed Attorney in your state before you RELY upon any legal advice.

5. Call George Martin in ohilly

Please note that these answers are provided as a community service and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.