How to figure it out if a car accident is Scam story?

Asked about 2 years ago - San Francisco, CA

hi . i was drunk one night and drove my car to freeway and after exit and accidently i hit a car V1 parked along side of road but i never hit the second car V2 to extent i remember but the owner of V2 claimed that i hit his car. i got DUI and hit and run charges which is pendind for trial and the police report states that my car paint was transferred to V2 's white car and vise virsa. now how i can find if the V2 driver made a scam story ?
V2 had a passenger in front seat and he witnessed that i hit V2

Attorney answers (5)

  1. Christian K. Lassen II


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Your criminal defense attorney and your insurance company can investigate.

    Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755
  2. Justin Michael Lovely

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Make sure you have an attorney who will investigate to defend you. Good luck!

    The information in this website is provided as a general legal reference . The reader is advised to check for... more
  3. David J. McCormick

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need a criminal defense attorney to help you out and investigate these claims.

    Good luck.

    DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being... more
  4. Michael Shemtoub

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You need a skilled attorney that handles auto accident cases. It is not in your best interest to handle this on your own. I would like to talk to you about this case.
    Check out my website below and give me a call for a free consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-2752 or you can email me at


    I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

    Check out my website below and give me a call for a free consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-... more
  5. Martin Macyszyn

    Contributor Level 7


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Your defense attorney will be able to investigate the case. He/she will be able to hire a private investigator and get to the bottom of it.

Related Topics


The definition, charges, and penalties for driving under the influence (DUI) vary by state and depend on a number of factors.

DUI and civil lawsuits

Drivers who injure or kill someone while under the influence can face more than criminal penalties--they may also be sued by their victims.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

17,700 answers this week

2,376 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

17,700 answers this week

2,376 attorneys answering