Skip to main content

How to fight department of social services

New Bedford, MA |

im dealing w dss right now and an ex husband whos trying to get custody and support out of me when he has'nt been in my kids lifes for years

Attorney Answers 1



Do you have an attorney to deal with DCF (formerly DSS)? Is their an open care and protection? If DCF is involved you should be appointed an attorney if you qualify (if you don't, you can retain private counsel). If this is in Probate and Family court and DCF is involved you may be eligible for counsel.

If you cannot afford an attorney, you may qualify for legal services and/or you can go to the probate court (if it is in probate court) and speak to the lawyer of the day.

I regularly handle cases involving DCF, if you would like to chat, please feel free to contact me.

Good luck.


Mark as helpful