How to extend working permit that is expired last year?

Asked over 1 year ago - 07093

My visa expired on Feb 23 2012 . now mi facing deportation . In gay and HIV +

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

7

Answered . Are you currently in removal proceedings? Have you been served with a notice to appear? To obtain or renew an employment authorization card, you need a basis to receive permission to work. You should consult an experienced immigration attorney. There may be relief from removal available to you. Our office has extensive experience working with the LGBT community.

2. Alena Shautsova

Pro

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. You should consult an experienced immigration attorney for this matter. You may schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer in your area, my firm is handling these matters in New York. If you would like free legal updates on these immigration issues you may sign up for our newsletter at http://www.shautsova.com .

3. Yolanda Navarrete

3

Answered . Have you received a notice to appear? Have you consulted with an attorney to see if you qualify for any immigration relief? A personal consultation to review all the facts would be best for such a specific situation.

4. Eric M. Mark

Pro

2

Answered . Being gay and HIV positive could qualify you for relief from removal IF it is unsafe or dangerous to return to your home country based on those facts. Much more information is needed, and you need a lawyer familiar with this type of case if you want a chance to remain in the US.

5. Stephen D. Berman

3

Answered . If you are not in status, you cannot file for a change of status. Perhaps if you meet with an attorney who could get more information from you, you could find what you might be eligible for. But simply being in the U.S. after the visa expired, being gay and HIV, alone, do not make you eligible to immigrate to the U.S.