How to ensure everything goes smoothly while traveling on pending I-751?

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

Hi everyone,

My wife and I will be traveling to Europe while my wife's I-751 is pending. We filed in December so I expect to get an approval in July or so.

We'll be traveling for three weeks and we have the extension letter so we should be good. I wanted to know if you guys had any ideas to make sure nothing happens to our case while we're gone?

We thought about having a friend check our mail once a week to make sure we don't miss any notices. Any other recommendations?

I'm worried that we may miss a RFE or interview while we're out. Is it easy to reschedule?

Thanks!

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

Answered . I think too, the best way to make sure that everything goes smoothly is to have competent immigration attorney on board.

2. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . Hire an attorney

3. Kristin D Figueroa-Contreras

1

Answered . I think you should be fine, unless of course you get an RFE, interview or (especially) denial notice while you are out and you miss that. I do suggest you invest in hiring a local immigration attorney to oversee this last part of your I-751 process.