Skip to main content

How to drop a Civil Protection Order

Maumee, OH |

I have a CPO against the father of my child but I'm trying to find out how i can go about dropping/dismissing this CPO by myself or do i need an attorny and where can i go to dop/dismiss this CPO. Also him and I have court at the end of the month over the CPO about it being violated so can i still drop it?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Contact the Domestic Relations Court office that has jurisdiction over the CPO. You should be able to find out how to voluntarily dismiss the CPO. Contact a local criminal defense attorney regarding the criminal charge. Prosecutors often do not agree to dismiss criminal charges after the charges are filed. A local criminal defense attorney may be able to help the father and you, the prosecuting witness.

This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. The answer presumes you are not currently represented by an attorney who knows your specific circumstances.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer