How to do consulting and venture capital in US for Indian citizen?

Cupertino, CA |
Filed under: Venture capital

Hii,
I am an Indian citizen and have a valid SSN number and currently running my own consultancy in India. I would like to ask how can I provide venture capital to a friend currently in USA. Basically I want to know what are the immigration details (what kind of visa etc) I require so as to invest and do my own consultancy in USA.

There is no investment treaty (E) with India, so if you want to work in the US, you would need to qualify for another non-immigrant visa.

The most common would be the H-1B, if there is a professional position in the US and you have the required degree or equivalent. Another possibility is the L-1A/L-1B. if you have a year of experience with a related Indian company, you can be transfered to the US related company to work either as an executive or specialized knowledge employee.

Venture capital topics