How to do consulting and venture capital in US for Indian citizen?

Asked over 3 years ago - Cupertino, CA

Hii,
I am an Indian citizen and have a valid SSN number and currently running my own consultancy in India. I would like to ask how can I provide venture capital to a friend currently in USA. Basically I want to know what are the immigration details (what kind of visa etc) I require so as to invest and do my own consultancy in USA.

1. William D. Fong

Answered . There is no investment treaty (E) with India, so if you want to work in the US, you would need to qualify for another non-immigrant visa.

The most common would be the H-1B, if there is a professional position in the US and you have the required degree or equivalent. Another possibility is the L-1A/L-1B. if you have a year of experience with a related Indian company, you can be transfered to the US related company to work either as an executive or specialized knowledge employee.

One or more answers have been taken down.