How to do a background check if you are undocumented ? does immigration have anything to do with it?

Asked over 1 year ago - Seattle, WA

I want to a few courses , I went to the school in here around me and they asking for some fee to do a background check , I came to this country 5 years ago on Visa but overstayed and never been arrested or in trouble, I am not sure ..should i sign the form they have at school and pay the fee and let them do the back ground check ? is this have anything to do with the immigration ?

1. Barbara A Marcouiller

Pro

3

Best Answer

Answered . What type of school are you going to? I haven't heard of schools doing background checks on students before. I agree they are likely to check the fingerprints, so if you were never fingerprinted for immigration and you have no arrest, nothing should show up. I would wonder the purpose of the background check, since I believe it is an unusual request by a school of a student (not an employee). Undocumented persons are allowed to attend grade school and in WA under certain circumstances can attend public university at in-state tuition rates. It seems a strange request to me, and I'd want to know more information about the school and their purpose for doing the check.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

1

Answered . No, this type of background check does not have anything to do with immigration or your immigration status (or Lack thereof.)

It will only try to ascertain whether you have a criminal record or not, nothing else.

One or more answers have been taken down.