How to dispute a speeding ticket?

Green Bay, WI |

I received a speeding ticket in Brown County, WI. And I live out of state. I was driving on cruise control at 70MPH. The legal speed limit was 65MPH. And on the ticket, it stated that I was driving at 75MPH. When I requested for proof that I went at 75MPH, the patrol did not show. How can I dispute this by mail?

Thanks so much for your advice.

1. Hello there,

You can't dispute this by mail.

You need to request a jury trial.

Sincerely,

Erick Platten

2. There should be boxes on the top of the citation, if checked for mandatory appearence, you would need to attend, though for a speeding ticket I would be shocked if that were checked. There may also be a pretrial date, as I recall there is a specific state trooper assigned to those, (if it is a State Patrol Case). You should contact the District Attorneys office, explain your situation and see if you can get some form of a reduction. Unless you feel you want to fight the ticket, otherwise you are entitled to a bench trial (possible jury if you pay the fee).

This communication does not create an attorney client relationship, and I am only providing general advice, not legal advice.