How to determine when the 2-year conditional status of a green card will expire

Asked almost 2 years ago - Miami, FL

This is about my ex spouse's green card and since we are now divorced and he defrauded me, I am trying to figure out when his conditional status will expire. I do not have his card with me obviously, but I do know that when we were still married, the card arrived at the end of November. In fact, I guess the immigration forgot about us for the extra 3 months while w were awaiting for his residency to arrive. We had to call and remind them of us, after which he received the green card in mail in a few weeks after our call. Anyways, so the card arrived on November 29, but then a month later when my husband abandoned our marriage right away with his damn card, a letter arrived from the U.S.C.I.S. simply notifying that his I-130 was approved. I am a bit confused why they sent a letter saying it

that the green card (the i-130) was approved if it was obvious when h received the actual card in mail a month before that. So anyways, the card arrived on November 29, and at the end of December when my ex husband already took off, I received that letter, so my question is how to determine when his 2-year status will expire based on those dates I provided.

If the card arrived on November 29, 2012 does it man that the 2 year period will expire on November 29, 2014........or should i count from the date when the immigration sent him the letter (a month later) simply notifying of the approval, which would make the expiration date December 23, 2014. So what I should be counting in making my determination....or I should perhaps ask at which point the immigration determines the approval of the card and sets the 2 year time-frame.

1. Jose Antonio Moreno

2

Answered . I agree.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

3

Answered . Your facts are confusing.

So, I'll answer the last part only ... yes, if the card arrived in 11/12, then it probably will expire in 11/14.

If you feel you have been defrauded, you can contact ICE: http://www.ice.gov/

3. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . The expiration date is on the card itself.