How to determine mileage for reimbursement for No Fault?

Brooklyn, NY |

The person who's been helping me get to my appointments never kept track of their miles through the odometer and really don't have much to go by except receipts for tolls for reimbursement.

Is there a way to figure out the miles without shortening ourselves for gas expenses, and whatever else especially with how prices have gone up cause of the hurricane.

1. No Fault mileage is based upon the same reimbursement as New York Worker's Compensation. It can vary due to gas price fluctuations. Under the Regulation, you have 90 days from the date of the health service to claim your mileage or other transportation expenses. For mileage, you put down the name of the medical facility you visited and the address. If you went by car, you find the mileage from your home/work to the facility (you can use Mapquest) and just put down the miles. If you used public transportation, you must show receipts.

You may not be aware of this, but you are entitled to mileage reimbursement when you attend No Fault Medical Exams scheduled by your insurance company.

Fax or mail this information in to your No Fault Carrier with the claim number. Make sure you keep the fax confirmation.

If you wish, send me an email and I will send you the mileage reimbursement form I give to my own clients.

jeenabelil@jeenabelil.com

This post is for informational purposes only. The above information is not to be construed as legal advice.

2. If you use Map Quest or a similar program, it can provide you with the mileage between 2 points.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

3. Ask your attorney. If you do not have one, then hire one right away.

4. Sit down and figure out how many trips were taken and the average distance for each trip.

5. There is an instrument in your car called an "odometer", and this will help you know your mileage. Good luck.

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

6. You don't have to worry, just tell you personal injury attorney to do it for you. If you don't have an attorney get one soon. You must submit these bills within 90 days.

Transportation law topics