How to defend "Careless Driving - Crash" Ticket (with 4 points)?

Recently in a local road with tight traffic I hit a vehicle in-front of me. My car damaged and surprisingly the other vehicle didn't damaged at all, even paint (it has towing rod at back.) The Cop came and gave me a ticket with 4 points. The crash report gave me couple of options. Until this accident, my driving record is very clean. I reported the accident to the Insurance company. What is the best way to do? Since this is the first time I received the ticket and involved in a crash, can anyone suggest me the good way to proceed? --> Just pay the fine and accept the ticket with 4 points --> Pay the fine and take driver improvement course --> Go to court and defend Actually by car break failed even though Hyundai replaced those several times. Do I need to go via Lawyer?

Tampa, FL -

Amanda Powers Sellers

Amanda Powers Sellers

Criminal Defense Attorney - Clearwater, FL

You have options to avoid the points on your license. Given your clean driving history, you are probably eligible to receive a withhold (no conviction, thus no points). You may want contact an attorney to ensure this is done properly. However, individuals appear in traffic court frequently without attorneys and may achieve the same results.

As in any case, an attorney may review the facts to determine whether you have any defenses. Additionally, you should make your attorney aware if there are any civil issues associated with this incident so they may coordinate with the civil attorney to avoid any potential complications with the companion case...if there is one. Best of luck!

Sponsored Listing
Carey Duncan Carmichael Jr.

Carey Duncan Carmichael Jr.

Criminal Defense Attorney - Live Oak, FL

If you want to contest this, you need to get in touch with an attorney soon so they can get ahead of the game. You don't want to lose any rights and you want the attorney to be able to handle things with the DMV as quickly as possible.

Craig A. Epifanio

Craig A. Epifanio

Speeding / Traffic Ticket Lawyer - Saint Petersburg, FL

You should definitely get a lawyer. Accident tickets should always be fought. Witnesses aren't always the most reliable under good cross examination. Your attorney can raise reasonable doubt with the judge. Furthermore, if you are successful with an attorney, you end up avoiding a big insurance rate hike. I practice in Tampa if you wish to contact me.

Sponsored Listing
David P. Gilbert

David P. Gilbert

Speeding / Traffic Ticket Lawyer - Tampa, FL

Hire a traffic attorney to fight this ticket on your behalf, the last thing you want to do is to pay the ticket and plead guilty.