Skip to main content

How to deal with harassment from law enforcement ?

Brooklyn Center, MN |

i plead guilty on a disorderly conduct know they sent back to cid for the same case to get more charges and i plead guilty already to disorderly conduct. and no further crime was committed.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. ???

    This is not legal advice. This site is only to be used for general information, not advice on what to do with your specific case.

  2. You can not be charged a second time for a crime arising out of the same incident for which you pled to disorderly conduct. This would violate double jeopardy. If this is the case, I suggest you retain an attorney who can file the appropriate motion to get your case dismissed.

  3. It is a defense to a new charge that the accused was already convicted of the same crime, same behavioral incident.

Civil rights topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics