How to deal with a probation violation, no contact order violation, and a biased judge

Asked over 1 year ago - New Philadelphia, OH

I was told I would get a fine and community service if I pled guilty to disorderly conduct (my first offenses). The judge has history with my husband and upon seeing us, changed her mind and sentenced me to 30 days suspended, a no contact order with my husband, and probation.
We continued to live together in our apartment. A few weeks later, the cops came because of noise complaints. My probation officer was notified that I was in contact with my husband and I skipped my probation meeting out of fear of being jailed. I have a court hearing at the end of the month to address this. I also have a warrant for failure to appear for driving without a license. What is my best course of action to avoid jail time and this biased judge?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Christopher Lee Beck


    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . Your only hope is to hire a good criminal defense attorney. Most judges impose maximum jail on probation violations. This would mean that the entire 30 days would be reimposed. Depending on what level of offense your traffic offense is you may get additional jail on that charge as well. You need a good criminal defense attorney asap.

    Attorney Chris Beck
    Beck Law Office, L.L.C.
    Beavercreek, Ohio
    (937)510-6110 phone

    The responses of Attorney Chris Beck to any questions posed on Avvo do NOT establish an Attorney-client... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,600 answers this week

2,831 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,600 answers this week

2,831 attorneys answering