How to count years of marriage after remarried?

Asked 10 months ago - Dallas, TX

I married with my spouse in 2000 and divorced in 2006 and then remarried to each other again in 2008 till now, if I file divorce petition, how to count the total years of marriage? Should I choose 2008 as the date of married for petition?

1. Dorothea Elaine Laster

Pro

4

Answered . You don't count the total years of marriage. This divorce only addresses the current marriage, so you would use the 2008 date as your date of marriage. Those fill in the blank forms leave a lot to be desired. If you have children and disagree about custody or have large amounts of property and retirement, you need a lawyer.

This does not establish an attorney/client relationship
  2. Aimee Elaine Manriquez

Pro

2

Answered . They are treated as separate marriages regardless of the fact the parties were the same. You should count only 2008 to present.

3. Erena Anatolivna Streltsov

Pro

1

Answered . You would use your most recent date of marriage, so since 2008.

4. Maria Sara Lowry

1

Answered . Yes. You are dissolving the 2008 marriage.