How to contest or reduce the child support amount?

Saint Paul, MN |

When my son has not been working 40 hours each week, in average, he work about half or a little more, he has fell short for all his expenses and we have to cover for him. This is really unfair while his ex also work.

You'll need to file a motion to modify child support. There must be a change in circumstances. Please see http://www.mncourts.gov/forms/public/forms/Child_Support/District_Court/CSD201.pdf

If your son still needs assistance I welcome the opportunity to consult with your son.

Feel free to visit my website for more information www.lawcrawfordllc.com or call 612-656-9529.

Hope this helps, Best Wishes.

The information provided should be considered an opinion only. This information does not establish a client-attorney relationship. Until the facts of your case are completely evaluated the answer provided could change. You should consider setting up a consultation with an attorney in your area.

2. See my response to your comment in the other post

Disclaimer: This email message in no way creates an attorney client relationship between Majeski Law, LLC and the recipient. Responses are general in nature and do not constitute legal advice. You should consult a lawyer regarding any specific legal matter.

3. Yes, your son would need to file a motion to modify child support. I would definitely hire an attorney if you want to be successful.

4. Another option for your son may be to contact the Child Support Agency who handles his current child support case and let them know if there has been a change of circumstances. The child support worker may be willing to send out paperwork and consider requesting a modification before the Court due to these changes upon verification.