Skip to main content

How to complete the divorce process?

Temple, TX |
Filed under: Divorce

I live in Tx, and my husband lives in ca. I do not know his exact location. I have posted the citation at the courthouse in Temple, Tx already. I am not sure what steps to take now. If I need to run an ad in a paper somewhere, how do I determine a location and how long does it have to run? I have been separated from him for 18 yrs and have no idea where he is at this time.

Attorney Answers 1


You need to have substituted service. To get this, an affidavit needs to be file, by your process server stating how many times services has been attempted to the last known address of your husband. To get it done correctly, you should contact an attorney or visit the website bellow.

Mark as helpful

Divorce topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics