How to collect on a judgment in family division by wage garnishment.

Asked over 1 year ago - Rahway, NJ

I was awarded $ 5 , 000 . 00 in damages in family court after my divorce . The judge signed a judgement after my post judgment motion to enforce litigant's rights . My former spouse is still refusing to pay . I know her place of employment and would like to apply for a wage garnishment . what is the process of obtaining a garnishment ? what forms do I need to fill out ? are these forms available on-line . I would appreciate any help !

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Robert L Gutman

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . You will find forms for a wage execution application at the state court web site.
    Should you require further assistance, I suggest that you communicate with an attorney. Good luck.

    The previous information is solely for informational purposes only. If you have further questions, please contact... more
  2. Lawrence Michael Centanni


    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . Please do not limit other collection remedies just to a wage garnishment. The wage garnishment documents are available at the New Jersey Court website.

    The information is for general information purposes only. Nothing from this comment should be taken as legal... more
  3. Stephen Ross Cohen

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Go to the court and ask the clerk for a form to do this.

    My name is Stephen R. Cohen and I have practiced over 38 years and can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practiced... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,794 answers this week

3,008 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,794 answers this week

3,008 attorneys answering