How to collect on a judgment in family division by wage garnishment.

Rahway, NJ |

I was awarded $ 5 , 000 . 00 in damages in family court after my divorce . The judge signed a judgement after my post judgment motion to enforce litigant's rights . My former spouse is still refusing to pay . I know her place of employment and would like to apply for a wage garnishment . what is the process of obtaining a garnishment ? what forms do I need to fill out ? are these forms available on-line . I would appreciate any help !

You will find forms for a wage execution application at the state court web site.
Should you require further assistance, I suggest that you communicate with an attorney. Good luck.

The previous information is solely for informational purposes only. If you have further questions, please contact an attorney in your area for more specific answers. Responding to your question in no way creates an attorney/client relationship, and none of the specific guarantees of privacy exist. If you have found this information helpful, kindly check the "helpful" box. NOT LEGAL ADVICE: The above information may contain an opinion which does not constitute legal advice. Unless a retainer agreement has been signed, we are not your legal representatives, and you should not rely on any opinions contained in this message.

are the procedures the same in family division as in law division?

Go to the court and ask the clerk for a form to do this.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and I have practiced over 38 years and can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practiced mainly in Los Angeles and Orange County, California. I am not seeking clients from existing relationships with other attorneys, and give only limited advise over the phone (the phone is primarily used to set appointments), these services do not create an attorney client relationship. I apologize for mispelling< as I am a lousy typist, My answers may offend as I do not believe in pulling punches or sugar coating the truth. Further regarding courts in other states my opinions are largely based on logic and what I think is the modern trend which is to consider the needs of the child.

Please do not limit other collection remedies just to a wage garnishment. The wage garnishment documents are available at the New Jersey Court website.

The information is for general information purposes only. Nothing from this comment should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create and does not constitute an attorney-client relationship or a prospective attorney relationship.

Civil motions topics

Recommended articles about Civil motions