How to collect on a judgment in family division by wage garnishment.

Asked over 1 year ago - Rahway, NJ

I was awarded $ 5 , 000 . 00 in damages in family court after my divorce . The judge signed a judgement after my post judgment motion to enforce litigant's rights . My former spouse is still refusing to pay . I know her place of employment and would like to apply for a wage garnishment . what is the process of obtaining a garnishment ? what forms do I need to fill out ? are these forms available on-line . I would appreciate any help !

1. Robert L Gutman

3

1

Answered . You will find forms for a wage execution application at the state court web site. http://www.judiciary.state.nj.us/forms.htm
    Should you require further assistance, I suggest that you communicate with an attorney. Good luck.

2. Lawrence Michael Centanni

Pro

Answered . Please do not limit other collection remedies just to a wage garnishment. The wage garnishment documents are available at the New Jersey Court website.

3. Stephen Ross Cohen

Answered . Go to the court and ask the clerk for a form to do this.