How to check an EAD clock?

New York, NY |
Filed under: Immigration court

I live in New York. Last time I heard about my EAD clock was at my master hearing. Judge stated that my clock was stopped on 109 days. Does it mean that I have 41 days left till my EAD? Or do I have 109 days left? Judge said that the clock will be running again as my individual hearing was scheduled. How can I check if the clock is really running again? Where do I have to call?

First, let me say that the EAD asylum clock is a headache for most people including judges and USCIS.

Second, call 1-800-898-7180 and listen to the options, key in your A#. Then there are some options about processing times, you should be able to hear how many days have elapsed. If not, you can call the court house and ask to speak about your case and whether the clock has stopped. This is your immigration court clock but from my experience USCIS bases their EAD clock off of the immigration court clock for calculating the 150 days before you can apply for the EAD.

Once you do this, then you will know if it is running or if you need to try to get it restarted.

Good luck!
Ruby

Law Office of Ruby Lichte Powers
5535 Memorial Drive, Suite F-130
Houston, TX 77007
www.RubyPowersLaw.com
Ruby@RubyPowersLaw.com
Tel: 713-589-2085
Fax: 713-589-3101