Skip to main content

How to Change your age legally?

San Jose, CA |
Filed under: Immigration

my is an immigrant from afghanistan. he came to US about 5-10 yrs ago, now he realizes that his age was said wrong. he believes he is older then his legal age in US but he has no prove, no legal document that says that... but when you look at him you can tell he is older... now is there anyway he can change his age? is there anyway he can prove he is older? what would this process take? how long would it take? what kind of lawyer does he need for this kind of case?

thank you for your answer,

Attorney Answers 1


If your relative is a legal permanent resident, he can file Form I-90 and request to have his date of birth changed but he provide proof such as a copy of his birth certificate. If he has already naturalized, then he will have to get the change done in federal court.

He should seek the help of an immigration attorney to make sure there are not any other issues.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics