Skip to main content

How to change from visitor visa to a green card.

Minneapolis, MN |

In 1998 I enter to the U.S. with a tourist visa. but here I married to a us citizen. We have two children and now I want to change my status, I want to apply for a green card and a work permit. What are the Forms, Fees and Requirements. Note that my visa has expired.
Thank you for your time.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    Please see the following video for more information

  2. Your wife can stil petition for a greencard for you even thought your visa has expired. The process takes about 6 months and there are several forms and requirements. You can find more information on the USCIS website. It may be helpful to retain an attorney for this process, as if it is done incorrectly, you could be put in removal proceedings for being here unlawfully. Unlawful presense for over 1yr triggers a 10yr ban once an indvidiual leaves the U.S.

    Feel free to call me for a free consultation. I have experience with marriage-based greencards. (206) 724-1940.

    Andre Olivie, Esq.
    U.S. Immigration Lawyer

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics