How to catch the person who hit my car in a hit-and-run case?

Asked over 1 year ago - Pasadena, CA

I and 2 witnesses all saw the driver, the car and its plate number, but the number was not found from the police’s database after the case was reported to them. Here’s the number: N6WZH. I’m wondering if there are some super lawyers can do something more.

The number looks incomplete as to a california plate number, but i and 2 witnesses for sure all saw it clearly. Could it be a number from other states? and also it was said for some antique cars they have different numbers and may be not registered inside DMV's database. Yes, the car which hit my car does look pretty old.

1. Sean Michael Patrick

7

Answered . It will probably come down to hiring an investigator. If you suffered personal injuries consult with a personal injury attorney to assist you with your claim.

2. Malosack Berjis

6

Answered . An attorney can request vehicle record information (including ownership history), for their client, using a particular DMV form. However, they would need a complete license plate or vehicle identification number to do so.

3. Kevin Coluccio

6

Answered . I think that a private investigator is going to be your best bet.

Pro

4

Answered . Private investigator.

5. Olga V. Blotnis

3

Answered . If you have car insurance, submit a claim to your insurance for the damage, provide all the information. They will pay for your damage and then will do their investigation to try to find this person and recoup what they paid.

6. Richard Andrew Harting

Pro

Answered . Unless it is personalized plate you are missing characters.