How to cancel my timeshare contract purchased in lasvegas,NV

Oswego, IL |

We purchase a time share in 2011 and we have been lied to and now we can't afford it and we would like to cancel the contract can you assist me with this issue.

Rescission (canceling a contract) is a remedy that is available in certain circumstances. If you can prove that you were wrongly induced to enter into a contract, you may be able to rescind the contract. Most contracts make this very difficult, and trying to prove that an oral promise made at or about the time you entered into the contract was a lie and led you to sign, is very difficult.

Any information provided through this website should not be relied upon without first consulting your own attorney. Unless and until there is an agreement, in writing, establishing the formation of an attorney-client relationship, no such relationship exists between you and any attorney associated with J.L. Pyrz, Ltd.

To add to my colleague's response, I'd add that timeshare contracts are particularly hard to escape from, since the sellers use high-pressure tactics in getting buyers to commit, and they're aware that there's a lot of remorse on the buyers' part. If the contract did provide a cancellation clause, it would have been a matter of days, not the months that have elapsed since you entered into this contract.

Your 1st move is to review the contract you signed. Your 2nd move is to see a business litigator without further delay. Sometimes a lawyer can get better results than a non-lawyer can, because we carry with us the threat of a lawsuit.

Avvo doesn't pay us for these responses, and I'm not your lawyer just because I answer this question or respond to any follow-up comments. If you want to hire me, please contact me. Otherwise, please don't expect a further response. We need an actual written agreement to form an attorney-client relationship. I'm only licensed in CA and you shouldn't rely on this answer, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it's impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue.

You will have a hard time rescinding this, as most timeshare companies know all too well this is likely to happen and strictly limit your right to cancel to the minimums required by law, usually just a few days. See an attorney as attorneys know how to word cancellations to give you the best chance for success, usually by threatening to make the timeshare company spend a lot of legal fees in a remote court where the judge and jury are likely to be hostile.

I am not your lawyer and you are not my client. Free advice here is without recourse and any reliance thereupon is at your sole risk. This is done without compensation as a free public service. I am licensed in IL, MO, TX and I am a Reg. Pat. Atty. so advice in any other jurisdiction is strictly general advice and should be confirmed with an attorney licensed in that jurisdiction.