How to calculate child support in CA?

Asked over 2 years ago - Long Beach, CA

How do I calculate how much child support I should pay to my ex. He makes about $60k per year and I make $100k. He has primary physical custody. I have our child 20% of the time. Please help me out.

Thanks

1. Steven Gary Hittelman

Pro

1

Answered . There is the California "Guideliner" program - available as indicated at the www.ca.gov website. You can also look for "XSpouse", which has a demonstration version to give you an indication on what you should pay. California's child support guideline formula is a bit more complicated than comparative gross incomes & timeshare, since it's based upon how much after-tax money (net disposable income) you have available for support. If there's no court order then there's no enforceable obligation to pay support. California limits the retroactivity of child support to the date when the request is first served upon the obligated party (likely, you). As a suggestion, pay what the program(s) estimate is and you can avoid going to court on the issue.

2. Virginia Giselle Alvarez

2

Answered . Speak to local council but in interim this link may help. http://www.childsup.ca.gov/Resources/CalculateC...