How to bring my boyfriend to the U.S legally?

Asked over 1 year ago - Albuquerque, NM

Hi, I have a boyfriend that lived in the U.S and received his license middle school and GED diploma, ITTIN number. He came to the US as a child with a touristic visa. He know is in mexico and we have a daughter that's almost 2. Is their any way he can come back on his own without me sponsoring him. This is because I don't work and I don't have anybody to sponser him. Is their any visa or anything he can get or will it all be denied because he has a license here in the U.S.?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . no, sorry.; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell:... more
  2. Stephen D Aarons

    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . I agree an immigration lawyer is a big expense but he sounds eligible under the Dream Act.

    Asking questions on Avvo can be a helpful introduction to your legal issues. You should not rely solely on... more
  3. Al De La Calle

    Contributor Level 10

    Answered . Consult with an immigration attorney. You don't have to sponsor him per say, so long as someone that is eligible does. There are various categories of family members that may sponsor him (including both USC and LPRs). The facts here need to be deciphered and analyzed.

    Alvaro De La Calle Calle Law, PLLC (336) 610-5000 www.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,820 answers this week

3,237 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,820 answers this week

3,237 attorneys answering