How to become emancipated without court?

Asked 10 months ago - Las Vegas, NV

A 17 year old girl wants to leave her abusive home how can she do it?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Jill K. Whitbeck

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If you are being abused, you can call CPS and be placed in foster care. If your parents will agree and you have someone who will let you live with them, you can move out (and your parents can give someone a temporary guardianship without going through the court system). To get emancipated, you must live away from your parents and be able to financially support yourself. There are packets available through the self-help center, and you can find resources by doing an internet search for "emancipation in Nevada"

    Responses are for general information purposes only, and are based on the extremely limited facts given. A... more
  2. Israel Lynda Kunin

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If the home is abusive rather than strict, talk to a school counselor or a friend's parent.

  3. Boris A. Avramski

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Both of the answers above are correct. You should follow the advise given there.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,555 answers this week

2,991 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,555 answers this week

2,991 attorneys answering