Skip to main content

How to become a resident so I do not have to pay out of state fees at a college

Saint Louis, MO |

I want to move to florida for 1 year and attend community college, I plan on moving to a 4 year university after that. I would love to avoid paying out of state fees for the college I attend, also I plan on living in florida after college but how would I go about becoming a resident so I do not have to pay out of state fees. My parents bought a condo in florida over 5 years ago and I will be moving in there. I currently live in st. louis missouri with my family.

Attorney Answers 2


What is your immigration status? Why are you posting this in the immigration forum

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 Enjoy our Blog at

Mark as helpful


This is not am immigration question, even though it has been tagged as such.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Mark as helpful

Education law topics

Recommended articles about Education law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics