How to apply renewal for EAD & AP without a copy of I-485 receipt notice? How to convense USCIS to resend the original receipt?

Asked over 1 year ago - Madison, WI

I never got original I-485 receipt notice from USCIS. When (after waiting 7 months) I called USCIS to send I-485 receipt. But officer said "in their database it is showing as SENT" therefore they will not resend again. Question is: How can I renew my EAD & AP without a copy of I-485 receipt notice? I do have biometric appointment letter which has I-485 receipt number but not sure whether it is a valid document to show pending status of I-485. How to convense USCIS to resend the orginal receipt or copy?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

Answered . The biometrics appointment notice may be sufficient. However, there is no guarantee USCIS will accept the notice as proof the application is pending. You should contact USCIS again or retain an attorney to assist you with this matter. Our office has successfully requested copies of filing receipts that our clients did not receive.

2. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague.