How to apply ITIN? How much it cost? What documents are necessary to show?

Jacksonville, FL |

I lost my Passport last month. Its under process of application for new one. I have police report for lost of passport. Same case with my spouse. I am on L1A visa and my spouse is on L2 visa. I want to apply for my wife's ITIN and fill IT returns Jointly to get Tax benefit. I found that I can apply for ITIN and fill IT returns together on some forums and on W7 form also.

From where I can do that? How much will it cost? How long it wil take?
I have My W2. My country India's IT PAN number. photo copy of lost passport.
Please advice..

1. Please visit http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=222209,00.html

The IRS site will benefit you and answer your questions. Good luck!

2. The form is the W-7. It is available online at the IRS web site. There is no filing fee for that application. You should receive the ITIN within a few weeks.

Michael H. Sharon has been practicing immigration law for more than 25 years. His response to your question is not legal advice but only legal information and is general in nature since not all the facts of the case are known to him. We recommend that you contact an experienced immigration attorney to review all of the facts in your case in order that he/she can provide you with advice specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. If you wish to contact Mr. Sharon, please send him an e-mail at sharon@visaskk.com.