How to apply ITIN? How much it cost? What documents are necessary to show?

Asked over 2 years ago - Jacksonville, FL

I lost my Passport last month. Its under process of application for new one. I have police report for lost of passport. Same case with my spouse. I am on L1A visa and my spouse is on L2 visa. I want to apply for my wife's ITIN and fill IT returns Jointly to get Tax benefit. I found that I can apply for ITIN and fill IT returns together on some forums and on W7 form also.

From where I can do that? How much will it cost? How long it wil take?
I have My W2. My country India's IT PAN number. photo copy of lost passport.
Please advice..

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Jose Antonio Moreno

    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . Please visit,,id=22...

    The IRS site will benefit you and answer your questions. Good luck!

  2. Michael Harold Sharon

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . The form is the W-7. It is available online at the IRS web site. There is no filing fee for that application. You should receive the ITIN within a few weeks.

    Michael H. Sharon has been practicing immigration law for more than 25 years. His response to your question is not... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,703 answers this week

2,627 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,703 answers this week

2,627 attorneys answering