How to apply for asylum, my county at war and I am undocumented right now

Houston, TX |

I came to US on visa 4 years ago,went to school for a while then overstayed my visa , I am from Syria ,my country at war right now, the whole family left my parents house and they live all over the place ,I lost cousins and family members ..Can I apply for asylum in here ? I have a couple of friends who left Syria to South America ,Should I go there and then apply for Asylum while I am outside the country ? I did apply for TPS recently and didn't get any response

Yes, you could apply for asylum based on changed country conditions. Consult a qualified immigration attorney.

As for your TPS, when did you apply? It should get granted assuming you were otherwise eligible at the time.

The answer provided is general in nature and should not be construed as legal advice as not all facts are know by the attorney, nor does the answering of this question create an attorney client relationship.

I applied the end of July and fingerprints were taken and all , whats the process of applying for asylum,How long does it take and How much does it cost with your help ?can you give me a roughly amount ? I live in Houston . what to do if I get rejected ?

Start by talking to an experienced immigration attorney locally.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

You can apply for asylum only when you are in US. Certainly you may claim changed conditions in your country. A competent immigration lawyer is a must. You still have the burden of proof.

You ought to qualify for TPS and it can take up to 6 months. Have you been fingerprinted yet? On asylum, one has to apply within one (1) year of coming to the US. One of the few exceptions is that there are "changed country conditions" i.e. things have changed and deteriorated in your native country of Syria since you left. That's a given but you also need to be able to show how the civil war and strive is not just generalized to your entire country BUT you specifically, i.e. so you "may" qualify if you, personally are afraid of returning to Syria for specific reasons based on 5 specific grounds, e.g. political asylum, social group, religious, etc BUT not simply because things are bad in Syria. You should definitely consult with competent immigration counsel. At least you still will probably qualify for TPS so nothing to loose if you apply for asylum BUT don't rush into it AND clearly have your particular situation and facts analyzed by competent counsel BEFORE you make a hasty decision.

Thank you for your response , yes fingerprints were taken last month. I have a couple of personal reasons, but I am not sure I do need to hire an attorney to help me out on this . How long does the asylum process usually take ? and whats the possibility of rejection ?