How to appeal DLSE wage claim decsion to the Superior Court?

Asked almost 4 years ago - San Francisco, CA

The DLSE denied a wage claim I filed, how do I appeal their decsion to the court?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Brad S Hindley

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . See labor code section 98.2 here:

    Here is the Notice of Appeal: It must be served correctly.

    A Complaint must be filed. Here is an example of PART of a Complaint:

    If you do not use an attorney, you will have a very hard time. You can be ordered to pay cost and maybe attorney fees. I strongly suggest you find an employment lawyer to help you.

  2. Rebekah Ryan Main


    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . You cannot appeal to superior court until you have exhausted your administrative remedies. Appeal of the Board decision is to an administrative law judge. All of the details informing you of how to appeal the decision would have been included in the decision itself. Do not skip the ALJ step. If you disagree with that decision, then you appeal in the administrative law court appeals board. It is only after you have exhausted all of those steps that you get into superior court.

    Best of luck to you.

    This response is intended to be a general statement of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,499 answers this week

2,992 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,499 answers this week

2,992 attorneys answering