How to answer the Status question on I-485 filing?

Miami, FL |

I entered the US on visitor visa and before my I-94 expired I applied for Asylum. My asylum is still pending but my I-94 expired meanwhile I am filing AOS based of marriage to USC. I am not if I should only answer to the question that askes me Status, as " out of Status" or I should put it " out of Status, Pending Adylum". Thanks for your kind guidance i. Answering my Question!

1. Generally in the situation you have described we put "adjustment applicant"

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

2. I agree with my colleague. However, you should consult an experienced immigration lawyer. You've got a lot of issues.

3. I agree with my colleagues. Adjustment Applicant is a proper answer to that question.

4. Include that you are an assylum applicant. Meet with an immigration attorney to assist with the Adjustment of Status. Based on what you have described, the validity of the marriage will be under scrutiny. Meet with an attorney who can review further facts of your case, your pending filing and your intended filing and provide you with some direction.

Natalie Hall, Esq.
    (407) 412-7035

The information presented here is general in nature for general assistance and is not intended to be legal advice. Do not Act or Rely on the information provided herein. Consult an attorney for specific legal advice tailored to your case. This posting and information does not create an attorney-client relationship with the reader and The Law Office of Natalie D. Hall, P.A. If you need a legal consultation for your case, call us at 407-412-7035.