How to answer question number 19 on form I-864EZ sponsoring my husband?

Asked 8 months ago - Dallas, TX

I only filed taxes last year but not the previous two years because I was a full-time student with loans, grants, and no income. I have been working full-time since November 2012 at the same company. I have the IRS transcripts for 2012 filing and e-stubs but employer does not provide employment letters. I got a raise two months ago from $11.25 to $13. My annual income until now is around $18300.

Please tell me what other information that needs to be given to fully answer question 19. Thank you.

Thank you very much;
I am pretty sure that by the end of the year the minimum financial requirements will be met. My annual income will exceed the $20 000. can I file I-864 instead?

1. F. J. Capriotti III

5

Answered . I recommend that you do not use the EZ ... and that you talk to an attorney about the possible need for a financial co-sponsor.

2. William Gaston McLean III

4

Answered . You don't make enough to sponsor your husband, unfortunately. You'll need to get a joint sponsor. Talk to a lawyer about the requirements.

3. Wendy Rebecca Barlow

4

Answered . You need to indicate 0 for the years you did not work. It may be best to not use the I-864EZ. I would encourage you to consult an experienced immigration attorney about the matter.

4. Dhenu Mitesh Savla

Pro

4

Answered . You need to have an attorney assist you unless you want to risk your case taking a very long time.

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
    SwagatUSA, LLC
    www.swagatusa.com/attorney

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.
  5. Gen Kimura

2

Answered . Your tax return needs to show $19387 to sponsor your spouse.

6. Ili J. Subhan

Pro

3

Answered . Yes. You can file an I-864. However, since you do not currently meet the federal income requirements, you will also need a joint sponsor. Consult with an immigration attorney who will be able to assist you with the process and make sure all your documentation is filed correctly.

7. Renee M. Dagher

Answered . Yes, you will need to file the I-864 and you will need a joint sponsor because you do not have the required 3 years of income tax returns.