How to ANSWER Civil Ejectment Action from my home?

Asked over 1 year ago - 18210

Can't pay Lawyer. I'm unemployed. I'm in the 10 day time frame after the 20 days period to answer. Lost house in foreclosure and Sheriff Sale on 1/11/2013 Please tell what to say in my letter. I need a LOCK OUT Delay and Eviction DELAY. PLEASE Just Tell me what to say in my ANSWER Letter. I'm going to Court House tomorrow to file my answer. PLEASE HELP ME with your WISDOM-KNOWLEDGE. THANK YOU & GOD BLESS YOU.

1. Gregory S. Shields

1

Answered . Contact the bar association in your county. They may be able to help you find free or reduced cost legal assistance.

2. J. T. Herber III

1

Answered . Answering a legal complaint without a lawyer could be disasterous for you and result in the waiver of defenses which you may not even know are available.

Contact your local legal aid organization or the PA Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service. Free (pro bono) attorneys may be available to assist you. Bankruptcy may be an option...and some of the bankruptcy bar associations also coordinate free representation in certain situations.

3. Robert John Carey

Pro

Answered . I assume you have received a "10 day notice" from the Lender's attorney. Are you at the end of that 10 days (when was the notice sent)? In my experience, you cannot file this response by yourself and get any good result. It does not sound like you have the money to even file Bankruptcy as has been suggested. If you cannot find a local Foreclosure Defense Attorney to help you, contact me before you file something that does no good and we can discuss your options.