How to annul an immigrant who is gay

My friend married an illegal immigrant and found out he is gay. He moved to Hawaii after the marraige and left her behind. He has brain washed her into thinking she will go to jail if she divorced him. But I think it's the other way around. What should she do. She is scared

Concord, CA -

Rebekah Ryan Main

Rebekah Ryan Main

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Rancho Cucamonga, CA

She may be entitled to an annulment. She should see an attorney to discuss her options. But even if she is not entitled to an annulment, she can certainly get divorced.

Best of luck to you.

If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "thumbs-up" button at the bottom of this answer. It’s easy and appreciated.

This response is intended to be a general statement of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice, does not create an attorney/client relationship and does not create a right to continuing email exchanges.

Sponsored Listing
Marcela Beatriz Knaup

Marcela Beatriz Knaup

Immigration Attorney - Walnut Creek, CA

Your friend should consult with an Attorney and get a divorce, if that is what she wants. She should not be affraid. It is unlikely that she will go to jail if she divorces him.

The above information is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. You should consult with an attorney on the specifics of your case.

Nicklaus James Misiti

Nicklaus James Misiti

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

She should get a divorce.

Ask your questions on our Q&A forum. It's free and anonymous.

Need to find an attorney? Browse our lawyer directory.