How to add my wife's name to my car title ?

Sacramento, CA |
Filed under: Vehicle title

I have an auto loan and still owe money on the car, would adding her name to the title change the terms of the loan,she has a bad credit history but I am trying to get it back on track, I have already added her name to the insurance policy , whats the process? Thank you .

1. Since there is a lien on the title you can not just add her name without permission of the lien holder.

2. Adding your wife's name to the title of the caller is a bit different than changing the terms of the loan. You should be able to add your wife's name to the title of the car will without affecting the loan or its terms. But you should look at the terms of the loan to see one requirements there are in notifying the lender.

The above is not legal advice. It is an illustration of options that can be used in certain situations. I have not examined all of your facts, if I did I might provide a different response.