How to avoid responding to court summon in California when there is a case going in Colorado Springs, CO for same type of cas

Asked about 1 year ago - Colorado Springs, CO

How to avoid responding to court summon in California when there is a case going in Colorado Springs, CO for same type of case. This case in going on in Colorado right now and I need to protect my right again California law that stated if a person respond, they are give court jurisdiction over them period.

1. Rixon Charles Rafter III

2

Answered . You MAY have options, but challenging jurisdiction because you already have a case in another state is not one of them. You challenge jurisdiction when you want to challenge jurisdiction, there are other actions to take that delay or bring to a halt the second suit...you need to reveal ALL the details to a CA attorney in order to ID which of the various options fit your circumstances.