How the U.S.C.I.S. determines that the couple do not live together

New York, NY |

The reason why I am asking this is because mine did not live with me after pretty much abandoning our marriage when the card arrived. This is something I have notified the immigration that my spouse took off with the arrival of the green card. Would this be enough for immigration to know that the spouse did not live with me. Since the marriage was abandoned, the spouse obviously can no longer provide the necessary documentation that the marriage was bonafide on their end, so does this put my spouse in an awkward situation with the immigration regarding the faith of her residency.

1. Many different ways.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

2. If your spouse received a conditional resident 2 year green card, she will have difficulty whenit comes time for her to file the Form I-751 Joint petition to remove conditions. If you had already been married for two years when she got approved for the green card, then it is still possible, but unlikely, that she will be called to account for her actions in abandoning you. You should, as my colleague, advised, schedule an appointment with an immigration lawyer to review your specific situation and obtain advice on your options for action.

3. The same way any interested party does.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.