How the Assets and debts will be divided during the dissolution of marriage?

Tacoma, WA |

Hi,
I got married two years back and fall under the pierce country jurisdiction of Washington. I couldn’t any more psychological stress and now planning to take a divorce. We don’t have any children and I am not expecting any alimony from him. He has some house and some debts before marriage. I don’t know if he has taken any debts during our marriage period. After marriage he forced to get a new car which under my name. He has a 401 K and I have my 401k. He is getting more salary than I get.
How the property will be divided? Will it be simple division of half of the difference between the asset and Debts or will it be decided between the lawyers or the judge will decide the division?

If divorce goes to trial for assets distribution how long the judge could take or how long the trail will take?

A simple negotiation is in order under these circumstances. Contact a lawyer in your county and discuss disclosure requirements - see if the expense is worth it to you.

Under the rules governing the conduct of attorneys in New York it may be necessary to remind you that this answer could be considered attorney advertising.

I'm sorry you are going through this difficult time. You are asking the right questions but it would be impossible to know the answers to them from this post on the internet. It's time you start speaking with an attorney.