How tcan I legally get my 21 year old daughter out of my house?

Asked almost 4 years ago - Taft, CA

she doesnt pay rent, or any other bills, and I want her out of my house, she has done nothing but cause problems with my son and his girlfriend who take care of me. My daughter and her boyfriend have gotten into quite a few violent fights here, and I am tried of it, I am sick and have several strokes and heartattacks, them being here is not at all good for my health and they have refused to move out when I told them to leave. What can I do that would take the shortest amount of time?

1. Steven Alan Fink

Answered . Like it or not, your daughter is a month to month tenant. That means you have to serve her with a 30 day notice of termination of tenancy. If they do not move out within 30 days you have to file an unlawful detainer action and proceed with the steps to evict her.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of California. Responses are based solely on California law unless stated otherwise.

2. Teri A. Walter

Answered . You can pack her things and put them on the lawn, change the locks, and call the police when she comes back.