How soon Can I repeat the request for visa b1 to the US embassy in Italy for came back in US?

Asked 4 months ago - San Diego, CA

I have been for 1 year in USA with visa b1. now my visa is exparing and I must retour to my country (Italy).

1. F. J. Capriotti III

3

Answered . You need to talk to a lawyer ... starting with why you used a TEMPORARY business visitor visa for a 1 year stay in the US.

If you go to the US Embassy in Roma, or one of the US Consular posts in Italia .... you will be given a VERY HARD TIME.

You need to work on your story, in consultation with an attorney.

Many of us use Skype for this type of consultation.

2. Wendy Rebecca Barlow

3

Answered . You cannot return any time in the near future. A B-1 visa is supposed to be used for a temporary stay not 1 year. You need to consult an experienced immigration attorney about the matter to see if you triggered a bar to admission and if a better visa option exists for you.

3. Maria J. Marty

Pro

2

Answered . Well, we don't like the sound of your question! We sense trouble ahead. You better have a really good reason why you stayed for one year on a B1. Did you mean you stayed in the US for a continuous year on a B1? Hopefully you didn't overstay your status at any time. There's no simple way to answer this question, except to say that you will need an attorney to review your immigration history before you return to a US embassy to ask for another visa.