How soon can I get Residency and how long do I have to leave the country?

Asked over 1 year ago - Redondo Beach, CA

I came illegal but I've never had any problems with immigration. I'm married to a Citizen and we started our paper work in november 2012 and was wondering, since things in immigration are changing, by the time I have to leave my country how long should I have to leave? I have a 3 weeks old baby now and Im afraid to have to take her to my country El Salvador and have to leave my husband ( who doesn't speak spanish) for a long time.

1. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . Depends on how long it takes you to get an approved I-130, obtain the provisional waiver, make travel plans, do the medical exam, and get an immigrant visa appointment in that order.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

2. Inara Khashmati

Pro

2

Answered . Please speak to an attorney in person. You matter is rather complicated and one will need more information to give you proper advice. Good Luck!

3. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Answered . If you have the assistance of an attorney you may only be abroad for a few days at the most.

4. Veronica Tunitsky

1

Answered . Hopefully you qualify for the provisonal waiver and will only have to remain abroad for a short while. Your chances of having that outcome would be strengthened if you work with an attorney experienced in waivers.

Feel free to visit my site for more information; www.tunitskylaw.com.