How soon can I apply for L2 visa restamping based on my I94?

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

My L1B visa will expire on 19th Aug 2013 but I have I94 till March 2016. My dependents would be travelling from India sometime in July 2013. Can I get their visa stamping done based on my I94 because their L2 visa is also expiring on 19thAug2013

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

1

Answered . Yes, if you are still working for the employer

2. F. J. Capriotti III

1

1

Answered . You should not be asking these questions of strange lawyers ... who don't have access to your file.

Talk to the company's immigration lawyer, not a non-attorney in HR. His/her job is to help you obtain documents that they can take into the US Consul.

BE WARNED ... your position needs to be 'secure' and that of being a 'real' employee. If you are in a employer-client consulting position, it might make sense for them to not travel to India.

The US Consul is looking at these 'employer-employee' relationships with a microscope now days ... holding up visas in 'administrative processing.' Talk to your company's lawyer about this.

3. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

1

1

Answered . Yes.

4. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

1

1

Answered . Yes. You will apply for extension of their status or if they are abroad apply for L-2.